Today is our post regarding exercises to keep us active and help us in getting rid of back pain.I had tail bone pain so these are some of the exercises and yoga postures recommended by my Physiotherapist.Not just for the pain but for well being of overall body.We sit long hours in front of laptop/computers or TV,but in unsteady postures which will affect or spine and back in the long run.So its must to have good balanced diet and exercises to keep us healthy and fit.
Walking is the best form of exercise.Daily brisk walk for at least half an hour ,if you have good walking track or park nearby else in Treadmill .But before walking /Running in tread mill ,its a must to warm up.
Note :Be careful while using Treadmills Read safety instructions,
- Use good running shoes and Good Treadmill ,Power of motor should be min 2 HP.
- People who have knee Injury or Bone injury and People aged more than 45 be cautious while using ,if you have breathlessness or you have not exercised in months /Years or if you don’t have the fitness .Please consult a doctor .Do not buy treadmill @ home and cause any injuries
- Pregnant women should avoid walking/Running on treadmills
Basic warm up exercise like Stretching ,Jumping jacks ,twisting torso etc.After warm ups start by walking slowly for a minute and then increase the pace and walk with good speed then increase more pace and then run and then repeat the process by decreasing the speed.
- Lie on your back,bend knees such that your knees point to ceiling and feet flat on the ground.
- Inhale and raise your hip and chest up hold the position and Breathe normally for 2 to 3 breaths .
- Then slowly exhale and come back to the position and then relax.
|Bridge Pose or Setu bandhasana|
3.Uni lateral bridges
|Uni Lateral bridge|
4. Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana)
- Sit back on your heels and place your knees ,heels together
- Place your palms on knees and keep back straight
- This is good meditation posture helps in aiding digestion. Relieving from acidity and digestive disorders.
5. Cat -Camel pose (Marjari Asana )
- Begin on your hands and knees keep your hands near your shoulders that is standing on all fours.
- Inhale and tilt tail bone and pelvis Up let spine curve be downwards and head pointing up.(Cat pose)
- then slowly exhale and reverse the spinal bend pull stomach in and pelvis and tail bone down Similar to camel(Camel Pose).
6.Tiger Pose (vyagrasana)
- Begin on kneeling down and by putting your hand in front of your shoulder.
- Inhale and lift one leg such they are parallel to ground and then bend your leg backwards And raise your neck backwards then slowly come back to normal position
- Repeat with another leg
- Very beneficial for burning the abdominal fat,Loosens hips joints and tail bone.
- Relaxes sciatic nerves
7.Hot water Bag for Relaxation
If you have too much tail bone pain use sits bath and hot water bag for relaxation.Find the link below to buy hot waterbag.